Monday 24 November 2008

My life is taking its toll on me

It's amazing. I'm only 16 and yet I have such a hectic life.

I got a job at Dick Smith. But until it opens in Frankston I have to get to Southland constantly for training. Now whenever anyone mentions Southland to me, I die a little inside.
I've got exams this week. I arranged for it to be two days instead of three because I have to work on Friday. >.<. In Hawthorn at the regional office.

It's so bizarre I think. I'm always on my phone now. Kirk pointed out that I even answer my calls in class, which are often from work now.

I half-cause a shoplifting last week on my first face shift. I put down a laptop behind me for like 15minute holding for a couple that had already bought it. I put it down there like their salesman told me to. Then we couldn't find it. Like an hour later we discovered it had been stolen less than 10 seconds after I put it on the ground. Some dude just reached over the counter and took it, and there were three of us there. How weird is that! The thing is, I got a call from the assistant manager last week (oddly enough during school) telling me not to worry about it and was just looking out for me. But according to a text message I got telling me I had a missed call from her (even though I didn't get one), and I'm just anxious that it might be to fire me. Eugh. I'm really not having a good couple of weeks.

My only solace is that after Friday I basically have not-- wait, that's such a lie.
I've still got more training at some point in Southland before the store opens on the 8th.
And my drama play is about a week after that, something we're all completely underprepared for.

Can't this year be over NOW?

3 comments:

Miranda said...

*Sprinkles end of year dust on you*... nope? Didn't work for you either huh? I'll have to re-think my secret formula! Hang in there in the meanwhile...

# Joey said...

thats loevely. now tell me, how do i add you on this thing?!?!?
:D
love you john.
chin up.

Anonymous said...

Awww!
Yeah, I've noticed you always have your phone glued to your ear...
Don't worry about work too much!
I remember once going for a job, I did a trial and it was horrible...
Work really sucks. So for now, I'm not going after a job, I'll pursue my studying =]

Can't wait till these exams are over, can get back to my normal life =]

Hang in there
ily John