Sunday 22 June 2008

I'm so light-headed...

as I fainted for the first time today!
About an hour ago, I was standing near the window to get some sunlight, because I was digging at my palm with a pin cos I think I have a splinter in there from Lachlan dragging me around on the floor Friday night. That crazy boy...

Anyway, blood doesn't spook me at all. My hand wasn't even bleeding, but I could see it building up under my skin like a bubble. Gross. I gave up cos my hands got sweaty and I put the pin down, then my vision started to fade... so I put my hands on the ironing board and stuff to get some leverage. Mother's expression was all like "wtf" and she came over to me and tried to stand me upright, but I pretty much fell unconscious in her arms, swooning. :D Kinda awkward, as her leg is still a bit stuffed, and she was trying to hold me up. How unpleasant for her poor kneecap!

By the way, she's coming along nicely. She can walk really well without the crutches now. She doesn't even have to put both her feet on the one step to walk up the stairs!

Apparently I was out like 30-40 seconds, of course to me it felt like five, and when I came to I had no idea what was going on. Took ages for my vision to kick in again. Fainting is amazing! And disturbing! But exhilirating!

... Wow. Am I that deranged? Except for the headache I have afterwards, it was pretty exciting. Get the blood pumpin'. Pretty sure I would've left a sweat patch on the couch, lying there afterwards, I was so sweaty and my lips were white.

Let's change to a new topic, shall we? Last night was the school's trivia night, "Are you smarter than a Baysider?" There was only like, six, I think, people from my year level there, and our table came second after the table with our principal, head of the sub-school and a pile of other teachers on it.

Mrs. Cooper was going nuts. Casey and I decided that she was drunk. We'll remind her of the evening on Monday when she's sober... unless she works while intoxicated. We also couldn't find Ms. Sayer, and just assumed she went outside for a cigarette, so we gave her an ashtray later (even if it was a candle holder that looked suspiciously a lot like an ashtray).

So anyway, it was a hilarious and fun night. Agh, you should've been there.

No comments: