Monday 16 June 2008

Maybe it's not just a phrase...

The epically bad luck day: Friday the 13th. My mum fell UP (yes, up) the stairs and shattered some bone on her kneecap. She'll be on crutches for a while. The spooky part is that on the February Friday the 13th in 2004 (that's how I remember) she fell up the stairs and stuffed her arm up; it was in a cast for a while. Want it tog et SPOOKIER?! Both 13ths in question here, there were injections at school. In the wise, wise words of Jo Leddy, "I think your mum should stay bedbound on Friday the 13ths."

She also said that it dates back religiously - Jesus dying on a Friday, and that there were 13 people a his death/resurrection (I forget which one).

Anyway, today is a Monday, and although I have no plans for the whole day, I'm STILL too lazy to write about SYG, even though it was a tremendously fun experience. I will, however, show you what awards I got afterwards at the Soggies:
*The best gloves - and not giving people ideas
*Most philosophical and best quote - "I've been coming here 3 years and I've never seen those hills before"
*Best as doing the Nutbush whilst walking
*Most random person (Josh Clover).

That first one, I seriously have no idea who could've wrote that. I think someone was bugging me about what to write on the encouragement wall and I had no idea. That quote, was quite possibly the first thing I said to Sarah Keel all camp, and it's pretty dumb of me considering there are pretty much hills in every direction you look. Zoe and I were doing the Nutbush outside the radio station cos that song was on, then tried doing it as we walked back to Frankstonland, and my Frankston lanyard quite clearly says "John Glover" but the guy at Sacred Space thought it said Josh Clover. Admittedly, not a terribly bad name, considering I'm Irish and all...

Random anecdote. I've started saying "bueno" when I answer my phone now. Mother called me on Friday and after I said bueno, nothing happened. *Pause* "I said, 'bueno'?" "Oh! I thought you said hang on."
HAH. What a story without a plot that was.

Peace out, baby.

1 comment:

Kyla said...

Well, you are one bizarre person Johnjohn... And oh my gosh how freaked out am I now! I am totally steering clear of your mum on friday the 13ths in case she rubs off on me..

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the hills and dancing of SYG. And: to the comment Sarah left on your last post. No. Clearly I am John's favourite over 18 year old. Yes? Yes.

Haha. Bye, Josh!