Wednesday 21 January 2009

Unexpected sunburn

Sarah, Tash, Zac and I decided to hit Frankston beach today. Sure it was hilariously fun, but with dire results. Here's a list of pros and cons:

  • We dug a giant hole in the sand (about 1x2m big and like a metre deep)
  • Got to catch up, woot
  • Saw Katherine working at subway
  • Had a half-conversation with a crazy woman at Subway
  • Ate lots of ice-cream
Here are the cons:
  • We all got really retarded unwanted sunburns, in bizzare places in patches, which I originally thought was a rash and thought nothing of it
  • Sarah hates Kate Miller-Heidke
  • I hate the beach.
Not many cons really, I just wanted to complain about this misleading red mark everywhere. It's all stingy and such! And yes, I really dislike the beach. It's wet and sandy and windy and uncomfortable and really not worth it. Find a swimming pool damn it, forget the ocean.

This woman in Subway... she was ahead of us in line, being served by Robert (see: Katherine's epic blog) as her child was getting a sub made. When asked what cheese she wanted, the girl said swiss or something and the mum corrected her, "no, she'll get cheddar." Then the girl complained that she wanted three cookies. "No, you're getting two." "But I want three." "Two." "three!" Then the woman screamed, disrupting us all, "TWO!" which we found hilarious.

Then we had sat down, and Tash was casually discussing the prevelance of peanuts in food giving allergies. Zac had said something about the name of peanuts as opposed to regular nuts, I dunno, I wasn't really listening. Then we all just heard this, "BULLSHIT!" coming from elsewhere - it was that woman chiming in on the conversation. She was butting in about "she's right" and "you don't know what to say now, do ya!" to Zac, but was totally treating it like an argument rather than an enquiry about peanuts, and made it out like her BULLSHIT addition actually made a difference and was a valid point of argument. Naturally, we found all this hilarious and kept quoting her the rest of the day.

On a completely different topic, I bought a ticket for Kate Miller-Heidke yesterday. She's playing at the Zoo on the 5th of Feb. Anyone that wants to come with, feel free. I'm trying to get Scott and Zac to come, and Special K (the collective name for Kirk and Kate) are coming too. It shall be rather exciting!

Farewell.

1 comment:

someuncoolname said...

Lol, you just had to write that I don't like Kate Miller thing. I don't MIND one or two songs but yeah I'm not a major fan. Who cares anyway :P